Saturday, February 21, 2009

Roller skating... we went and survived! As we left for the party today, Jim said "Who has a roller skating party for four year olds? I told him *S* was five now... and as I later found out even owns his own skates! After a few spills, Jakob was ready to throw the towel in, but I already strapped on my $3.50 rental pair and wasn't going to let him feel defeated that fast. In a manner so unlike me, I pulled his gripping hands away from the wall and put him on the rink far enough from the wall that he had no choice. By the end of the 2-1/2 hours the daredevil even tried to jump with his skates on. I'm not sure even a toothpick would have fit between the wheels and the floor, but nonetheless, I witnessed both skates coming off the ground and landing without injury. I was so proud of him! As you can see, we really enjoyed ourselves!









No comments: